What are Living Images?
Living Images are the bridge that connects the printed media with the digital world. It allows you to link a printed image with digital content (video, audio, website, forms, e-commerce, Facebook, social media ...) by incorporating to the images a digital watermark which is invisible to the eye but detectable by the build-in camera found in most smartphones and tablets. You only need to download the Litofinter App and focus on the Living Image.
Living Images donate your printed material a new life, offering multimedia content directly through the printed material. It's almost like printing video, audio or moving images on paper.
While the digital content needs to be sought and found, paper come across in almost every moment of our lives. With Living Images, paper becomes the gate to digital content in a simple and direct way.
How we can see Living Images:
1) Download the LITOFINTER App
2) Living Images are identified by the icons found next to the Living Image or on the page where they are located.
3) Open the application, click on 'Imágenes Vivas' option then click again on 'Imágenes' to activate the camera with the scanner.
4) Place the tablet or phone parallel to the image about 8-10 cm away.
5) The scanner recognizes the invisible code and the application will connect you to the online associated content.
6) Alternatively, if you do not have a camera or can't use it, enter an alphanumeric code which usually appears along with the Living Image though the 'Código' option. This produces the same effect as scanning the Living Image.
Where can we find printed Living Images?
There are increasing Living Images print products that are recognized by the icon that identifies them.
If you want to test it at this time, download the following presentation. It contains Living Images (9 Mb). Living Images can be read even on screen once you download the presentation. To be read on paper, the submission must be printed in colour.